Phllyanthus fluitans 'red roots'
- Genus: Phllyanthus
- Species: fluitans
- Family: Euphorbiacae
- Native to: Neotropical zone of mexico to upper half of south america.
- Area/Height: Water surface
- Ph: 5 to 7
- Water hardness: Soft water (low hard minerals) is preferred
- CO2: None require as they consume atmospheric CO2
- Propagation: Fragmentation/Division of daughter plantlets from mother plant.
A 6500k-8000k, average photoperiod of 8-9 hours. The success for red colourations is to have a RGB full spectrum led light with a high par data sheet.
68 F - 71 F / 20 C - 22 C, the water temperature can be lower if your room is around 20-24 C (average canadian home through summer) to allow evaporation of droplets on plant surface.
Rapid when stable, Slow when constantly disturbed